Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cancer Ribbons






With the results of my genetic screening due this week, I have been doing a lot of thinking about Cancer. How it affects our lives and truly how many types of Cancers there are.  Hundreds.  Those who have followed this blog know I have had Colon Cancer - Stage 1 ... Pre Colon Cancer and Soft Tissue Cancer.  Dad had Prostate Cancer.... which metastasized to His bones .... organs ... lymph nodes.   My genetic testing for the BRCA2 mutation that runs in my family is responsible for Breast and Ovarian Cancers.  The P53 mutation is responsible for Soft Tissue, Skin, Colon, Lung and Breast Cancers.

Certainly a lot to take on.  A lot more than anyone should ever have to take on.

Over the past four years I feel as though I have been through a crash course on some of the more commonly known cancers .... but what I never realized is that each cancer has its own ribbon!

I'm sure you are all familiar with the pink ribbon for Breast Cancer and I think many of us associate the Pink Ribbon with all Women's Cancers - and in many cases All Cancers.  I was doing some reading today and stumbled across the different colors of the ribbons.

There are many charts and many colors.

Who knew??!!

I certainly didn't!  ... So I though I would share this with all of you.

And as Friday quickly approaches .... would you please keep me in your prayers for a negative test result?

Thanking you in advance.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

God Bless!